Testing & Commissioning
Commissioning is the process of planning, documenting, scheduling, testing, adjusting, verifying, and training, to provide a facility that operates as a fully functional system per the Owner’s Project Requirements. The goal of the Commissioning Process is to enhance the quality of the delivered project by focusing the design and construction team on the Owner’s goals for a functional and energy efficient building. The earlier a Commissioning Provider is involved in the project process the greater the chance there is for the Commissioning Provider to influence corrections without increased costs later.
Demand for commissioning services is increasing as the design and construction communities require that projects are delivered completely functional, on time, at low cost, and constructed to run in a highly efficient manner. Commissioning can benefit in many aspects as defined below:
- Identify baseline expectations of the Owner’s Program Requirements
- Establish maintenance and operation policies
- Minimize disputes between all parties in the design and construction process
- Document project process clearly
- Establish performance criteria and verify goals of benchmark